Friday, September 01, 2006

General Blahs

Posted on www.Keeperskorner.com 9/01/06 Reproduced with Keepers permission


Ever have one of those days where nothing is terribly wrong but nothing is terribly right and your overall feeling is "blah"? Little things happen to eat up your time, things happen that results in your putting off a planned thing to do or a special dinner has less than special food, you know, those little things that by themselves you go "oh well", but tie three or four of them together and your whole day is "blah".

There are good things too, maybe a call you were expecting actually comes, maybe a call you were hoping for comes also, maybe another call you have been waiting for comes and at first you're very happy but then you find out they don't feel good and they have what could be serious health issues so that call went from happy to sad. Maybe you were hoping for a call or a card from someone close to your heart, but it never came.

Maybe you went to do an activity you are usually quite good at or at least better than your significant other, but this time you have absolutely no luck at all!! They are doing better than you which is good, don't get me wrong, but when you are used to being the best at this particular activity and nothing goes right, except for some small victories, it makes your day a little more "blah".

I know all keepers have "blah" days sometimes, sometimes all of us have them the same day and those are "BLAH" days! Not just keepers have them, we know everyone does, some people just have them more than others or at least it seems that way. So how do you, our visitors handle those "blah" days? We'd like to hear how you get over them, how you handle them. Is it something you do for yourself to bring yourself out of it? Maybe you read something special or listen to a sentimental cd or whatever. Let's hear it from as many as possible as to find out what you do to combat the "blahs".

We are looking forward to hearing what our visitors have as remedies, which we all can use to turn our "blahs" into "hurrahs".

Peace and blessings always

Keepers

6 comments:

Tracy said...

It depends how blah I am truthfully in what I do to get out of it. Most days I will turn on music, depending on my mood would depend on the music. I find if I am so very depressed that I am actually feeling like why bother with life, then It is Christian music. Someday I will turn on Dancing music. The kind that really makes me happy. After awhile I "want" to dance.

Then there are days where a long hot bath with a good book is what I am looking for.

I have been known in the winter when I am feeling blah to light a fire, heat up a cupa tea, and curl up with a good book to help those blahs.

When it is nothing in particular that gets me down I will cook. Depending on what is in the house to cook. I love cooking for my family. Nothing makes me feel better then have them come in the house and ask me what smells so good!

Final thing is painting. I will turn on music, pull up my paints and canvas and disappear in the make believe world of me.

I have also been known to take a long walk at the beach. Nothing wakes up the senses and spirits more then that. It always makes me feel better, and very alive.

Anonymous said...

hmm well it depends ... if it's the kiddies giving me the blahss cause they will not for anyreason under the sun.. behave.. well then i turn on some music and write or draw.. or take a lnog hot bubble bath.. if it's not the kiddies given me the blahsss then i make a pallet on the floor infront of the TV and turn on cinderella or dumbo or the little mirmaide.. (my fav:) and we all cuddle on the floor eating fatty foods and watching the cartoon.. never fails to cheer me up:)
hope your blahh day gets better

imo said...

thank you for sharing with us how you handle the blahs. we hope more people will leave their ways of handling them also. Have a wonderful evening mysti!!

john michael and keepers

imo said...

hi wolfbaby

thanks for leaving your comments! your comment about Little Mermaid made our Terrence, a 7 year old little boy inside very happy, he has a crush on her, ever since the first time he watched the dvd! thank you for sharing with us, we really appreciate it!

peace and blessings

keepers and john michael

Mariaehart said...

Hello John My Dear Friend:)

My Blah days LOL well weather permitting I love to go for a long walk on my own with my own thoughts and always feel so much better when I return home after that. also I just love music o depending on my mood depends what sort of music I listen too.and another thing I do is search on the net for inspiration stories etc that always seems to lift me up somehow my friend:)

Lots of Love
Your Friend
~Maria~
xxx

imo said...

Hi Maria

I could have sworn i read and replied to this!!! however, i don't see my comments!!! i'm losing it, aaaaaggggghhhh!!! anyway, thanks for your blahs cures, sometimes seeing what others do can let us know we are not alone or hmmm, maybe i will try that, and as i reflect on it myself, it changes over time in some instances.

Thanks for your input, it is always welcome and hoped for.

peace and hugs

john michael