Friday, September 15, 2006

Too Much Similarity

Too Much Similarity
Too Much Similarity magnify
As I learned what terrible abuses my wife endured in her life before we came together, especially as a child, I was shocked to think that people could do such things to their own children, their own niece, their own granddaughter. Now, as we try to make Keeperskorner
a site for survivors to come to and get support and information and links to other resources and we hear their stories it becomes very apparent that what I thought was so unusual appears to be way to normal.

Tonight alone I read 3 blogs by 3 different survivors and each one had very similar incidents, perpetrators as keepers did. I always knew abuse was usually at the hands of family members and that sadly, in keepers family the was collusion among family members to promote this behavior but now i am reading in others blogs how they were abused by multiple relatives!!!

How can parents mutually abuse their children? How can they turn them over to other adults in the family for the same type of abuse? Are these people simply devils posing as humans? Are they the sickest people to live? Were they so abused they now have to pass it on?? Are they so putrid as humans they have to control children to feel some sort of power and control?

When you consider in your musings is there good and evil, is there a god and a devil, is there a battle to be fought between the forces of what is right for the good of mankind and what is right for the good of me and you are aware of bs like this happening in our world everyday, you have to know which side you are on and say so. We have to stop this somehow, someway. Because it just escalates into abuse of others, not just children, but of sisters and wives and mothers nad strangers because the perps care about no one but themselves.

Yes, I know abuse happens to males also, and I was not avoiding that, but I also know that as a society that is often overlooked. But then the priests abusing the altar boys and such began getting publicity and now the entire world knows more about abuse than maybe ever before and yet I see no large outcries for it to stop. I still see people donating to their churches, I still Amish people being "left alone" by outsiders to deal with their own problems, just like the Jews of New York City who also claim to have a serious abuse problem but you see one or two articles and then nothing more.

When is mankind going to stop burying it's head in the sand and deal with these problems?? When are people going to speak out and be heard? We need more celebrities and "known" people to admit if they were abused, raped, etc to draw attention to the problems because in this world if you aren't somebody, no one else cares, except for others who endured the same, and so far, it is not enough to make drastic changes in how perpetrators are dealt with.

To everyone who has ever been abused, raped, molested, or personally assaulted in some manner against your will, I can only say how sorry i am that a member of the human race did this to you, and because i am a member of this supposed human race, i am ashamed.

peace and blessings

john

4 comments:

Tracy said...

This post touched me deeply. Firstly You should know that If not for people like you who do care the world would be sooooooo much darker. It is true the world is full of evil doers. It is also true though that there is a lot of light in this world. Light that shines bright from individuals who care. You shine with that light.

Being a raped more then once in my life time I struggled with how does one live in such a world where there is so much hate, and violence. Only to come to the conclusion that I can be a light for others who have gone through what I have. God turns the bad into good. What a blessing that is.

You are right more people do need to stand up. Not only the famous, but the people who have been abused. I see you and your wife doing exactly that with your sites. I am in the process of doing something that will help others myself. Those who have been abused and who have healed somewhat can make such a huge difference in this world. We can help those who are dealing with abuse now....... We can shine bright our lights of hope, and show them that there is life after abuse, and it can be wonderfuL!

Mystl

imo said...

You are right mysti, keepers and I have seen the good that is coming from what we now choose to do. it is something we hope more and more survivors and their significant others will promote and be a part of. please keep us advised of whatever you decide to do as we will be glad to support you in whatever manner we can. you have such a bright positive attitude to show others what may be.

peace, blessings and hugs

john michael and keepers

Mariaehart said...

Hello John My Dear Friend:)

Many thanks for this blog my friend as you know I am a survivor of many forms of abuse and like you and KeepersKorner are doing I try and support other survivors of abuse and like Mysti has said here we in turn give hope to other survivors and perhaps we may give them the courage to take those first most difficult steps to speak up about their abuse they endured at least I hope so.

Lots of Love
Your Friend
~Maria~
xxx

imo said...

Sometimes it is so hard to make that first step and speak out on what happened and i am sure that having others to support you along the road to recovery has to help. What you and keepers and Mysti are doing by supporting others is providing the help you all needed when you were starting to speak out, and that is such an important gift to give the others. I'm glad I can be a part of it.

peace and hugs

john michael