Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Keepers, John and Keeperskorner

Hello everyone, John here, I'm the one in the baseball cap. Keepers are the lovely blonde on the right, my left, and Keeperskorner is the "two" of us together as well as all of our visitors and Blue our webmaster. I bring this up because there is some confusion on behalf of some of our visitors, they think I am a keeper also. I am a fraction of this team as there are way more keepers than johns. I say that because keepers are a multiple personality system, the direct result of years upon years of traumatic abuse, (is there any other kind?) that forced them to cope somehow and multiplicity was their minds resolution. Simply create different alters (keepers) to handle different things in life so that no one individual has to handle too much of the abuse. Pretty amazing, eh?

I am husband to some, significant other to others, best pal and buddy to others, first love to some, friend to a few, partner to many and probably pain in the butt to some as well as smart assed sailor to others, (I was in the Navy when we got married). All in all we are two bodies, many minds and individuals that have a website called Keeperskorner

Keeperskorner was originally a site to sell keepers artwork on and secondly a site to provide information about multiples, about their views and mine on surviving abuse, about what it is like being a multiple and the spouse of one, but it has been transformed into a ministry of sorts, no longer attempting to sell artwork but now offering it freely those who desire it, one piece at a time I might add, and also offering support to abuse survivors via a toll free phone line for USA residents, via the blogs, the articles we present, the art and poetry galleries, the links to other sites and blogs that also offer support and information.

Both Keepers and I write blogs, we also visit others and leave our comments there. Keepers are the heart of the site, the heart of the mission as stated on the homepage. They are the ones who know the pains, the memories, the abuse and how those who have gone through the same sorts of things feel. What I know I know by observation and having lived with keepers for 36 years. So, what I know is what I have seen and heard which is nowhere near the same as having experienced it, the abuse they all endured.

I am posting this on our other blogs, just so more of our visitors might see it. I want everyone to know who is who. To be honest it was an honor to be asked if I was a keeper, I have that much respect for them and others like them. But, I am as they say a "singleton" so I am more than happy to assist them in getting the word out, in promoting what we consider to be our ministry,
in telling other loved ones and significant others of other abuse survivors and multiples what I have seen and experienced from my viewpoint. I am happy to refer others to Keeperskorner so that they may find that one word that can help them survive or make it for 5 more minutes.

Keepers and I hope we are a part of the solution, for we never want to be part of the problem.
Won't you join us?

Peace and blessings

john and Keepers

8 comments:

Tracy said...

Its nice putting faces with my blogger friends. Thank you for sharing. Keepers is beautiful btw.

Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
imo said...

Hi mysti

thanks for visiting and thank you for the kind words. I kind of think they are also. take care!

peace and blessings

john and keepers

Anonymous said...

Your an amazing man to be doing so much in support of your wife.. not all would do so and I am always impressed to find such special people out there:)...

imo said...

Thank you wolfbaby for the kind words. I am totally committed to helping Keepers in any way i can with their efforts to be supportive of other survivors and other multiples. When they decided to change Keeperskorner into a ministry for survivors and multiples, to offer assistance, support, etc. it seemed completely right, and I support them 100%.

peace and blessings and please visit us often

john michael

imo said...

Thank you wolfbaby for the kind words. I am totally committed to helping Keepers in any way i can with their efforts to be supportive of other survivors and other multiples. When they decided to change Keeperskorner into a ministry for survivors and multiples, to offer assistance, support, etc. it seemed completely right, and I support them 100%. I never want to draw any attention from keepers or other multiples or survivors. What I do in support in no way even approaches what Keepers, or Austin or Maria or Jumping in Puddles or Mique or Beautiful Dreamer or you have done! in surviving and thriving.

peace and blessings and please visit us often

john michael

Mariaehart said...

Hello My Dear Friend John:)

What a lovely picture of you both and a beautiful smile you both have too thank you very much for sharing and it is great to put a face to my dear supportive friends faces thanks again for sharing my friend:)

Lots of Love
Your Friend
~Maria~
xxx

imo said...

you are very welcome dear friend, it always helps to have a face to go with the words, i agree!!!

thanks again and please take care

john michael