Sunday, August 26, 2007

A Dream

Keepers and I have a dream, that someday soon I will be able to work here at the studio with them on a daily basis instead of needing to work at a regular 8-5 job and helping in the evening. It has been our dream for quite a while now. It is a big dream we know, and to many it is probably unrealistic, but we had a lot of other dreams that were also, but they have come through. Some did not for various reasons. Like becoming a 501 (c)3 charitable organization due to IRS rules and regulations that would have required us to change our site drastically and our gift giving methods. So we chose to remain a Missouri recognized not for profit and leave it at that.

We hoped to build the studio and the office for Keeperskorner and we have now! The studio has a drafting table, a large wooden easel, computers, printer, and the office has a huge wooden desk and file cabinets and shelves and then we have a storage room with more art supplies, paper, the mat board cutter for preparing Keepers framed art, all has become a reality.

At time we ourselves doubted it could happen but we decided a year ago this past July to make it our ministry, for multiples and survivors, to be a source of hope, instruction, information, friendship, and caring. We have met a great many people through Keeperskorner, many of those people live in other countries, and we have learned about them and their countries and their habits and customs, some are different and some are similar, and all have been interesting and friendly, hopeful and in doubt, struggling and thriving, as we all are at one time or another.

Our dream is continuing onward, some steps seem to be excrutiatingly slow and awkward and others seem to be rapid and awe inspiring. Our personal dreams and our dreams for Keeperskorner are very much intertwined, and we feel on some days to be failing and on others to be succeeding, and the frustration can be offset by joy and the happiness by sorrow. We have lost friends over disagreements, due to death, and we ache for those we lost and treasure those we have. We pray for all and keep them in our hearts and thoughts.

Keepers continue to offer their experiences for others to look at and compare and draw from, to take what they can use to help themselves on their road to recovery. Sometimes I am asked for my viewpoint from the vantage of being the significant other, more or less an outsider due to being a singleton, and when I can I do. It is a teamwork here, not only between keepers and myself but between us and our visitors, our friends, our, what I can only call, family. There is a closeness, a bond, an affinity that only family can perceive, and I am not talking blood family, but family of circumstance and experience, of people who understand a commonality they share, a need they all have, a road they are all on, walking it together, with different people at different times, but all on the same journey, a journey of healing and recovery and yes, I do daresay, thriving.

Happy trails

JM


15 comments:

jumpinginpuddles said...

ok practical question how would you survive financially ?

IdgyEdgy said...

A wonderful dream---soon to come true! We are all so happy for you & all Keepers! John, you are a wonderful man--patient, understanding, caring--you are special in a way that goes beyond these simple words.

~Grace & all~

imo said...

Dear JIP

that is why it is still a dream, that has not made itself obvious yet.

happy trails

jm

imo said...

Dear Grace & all

I really, really hope so, that some day soon the really big miracle happens.

happy trails-

JM

IdgyEdgy said...

Ooops....I'm a dope. I meant to post this response to the blog below this one. Ooops! CJ is laughing at me!! ;-)

~Grace~

imo said...

Dear Grace

no problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't even say i've never done it so you are not alone. hope you have a great evening!!

JM

mudcakes are fun said...

ok can one of you please call us

mudcakes are fun said...

and that last one was from JIP

signed us - etal said...

we tink drems bes gode an fun an stuf wes haf big drems wes owns willi wonkas chokolat faktori ehehehehehee

Rising Rainbow said...

Dreams seem to do best without a timeline. I know mine gets into trouble when I start thinking I have to by such and such a day but when I just let life flow along as it goes, I get closer and closer to fulfilling my dreams.

imo said...

Hi Clanberries

we agree that dreams are good and dreaming about willy wonka and the chocolate factory sounds pretty darned yummy to me!!

happy trails!!

JM

imo said...

Hi Risingrainbow

that is a tough one isn't it, allowing the timeline to set itself and not put our own demands on it! This is something i have to remind myself of constantly

hope to hear from you again

JM

imo said...

Dear Multitude

sorry it took so long for things to get back on an even keel. i just got to this blog tonight, Sept 01 so to say I am behind would be an understatement!

I sincerely hope all is much better now.

JM

Deb said...

I admire you and Keepers for having big dreams. We never get all that we hope and wish for, but if we didn't dream life would certainly be a continually drab event.

I hope you can find a way some day to make possible your dream of working from home. Has Keepers ever thought of selling her art work, or does she prefer to give it away as gifts?

Sorry I haven't been around much here, I keep forgetting you have a blog!

imo said...

Hi Beauty

Thank you for coming by, I enjoy reading your comments as well as your blog. Keepers tried to sell their artwork before last July 2006, which was when we went the ministry/charitable direction, since keepers and I both felt that the people who needed the art could not afford it so we decided to give it to those who requested it.
I hope your move goes smoothly and that things pick up for you very soon!

happy trails!

jm