Sunday, June 03, 2007

A Long Time Between Blogs

It's been a while since I last posted a blog, so long I don't even remember what the last one was about. I had been trying to formulate a rebuttal to the IRS because they said we did not qualify for a 501(c) 3 status as a charitable organization. I called them, spoke with the agent who sent us the letter, for a couple of hours. All to no avail. We do not meet their guidelines and to meet them would eliminate things like the links to other multiples and survivors sites that we have on our website and blogs! We have to let the IRS know way more than is necessary for them to know. We have to find more people to be on our board and to participate in making the decisions for Keepers Korner, so, we are giving up on being classified as a "charitable organization" by the IRS and will be content with being a "not for profit" in the great state of Missouri.

What else? Well our new webmaster is still trying to add a sub menu to the website so we can add pages. The previous webmaster who developed the site did not allow for easy expansion. Previous says no problem, current says not so, and three others we had look at the site, said, no way!! Majority rules, site is not easily expandable. So, the frustration continues.

Next! This morning at 6:03 Owen, our big cat decided it was time for him to walk on keepers and me, meow at keepers and me, climb on us get down from get back up on us, meow at us again, etc etc etc. Of course once we got up he went off and laid down somewhere! Cats!!!! I love 'em but sometimes.............

Serpentine belt on our car almost blew, took it in to get it replaced, not knowing what to expect, and had a relatively nice surprise, the hoses were okay! I figured if the belt is shot the hoses probably are also but they said they were okay and did not need to be replaced! yeah, less money than needed to repair the car.

Keepers have been very busy with several multiples who are having really difficult times right now, I won't go into any details out of respect for their privacy. Let's just say that in my opinion Keepers are doing exactly what Keepers Korner is about, helping them get through what is currently happening, helping them have a voice to vocalize their hurts and fears, being an ear and a shoulder for them to speak to to lean on. This is why Keepers Korner is; why it exists. These people need someone they can turn to and they have found it. Almost daily we receive emails and comments, on the blogs, the website, about the help, the support, the reminder, people have found there, things that help them keep on going. I am proud to be a part of it.

Sports! the Cardinals don't suck as much as they did but they are nowhere near where they should be, but time will tell. Looks like they have no pitching, looks like they have little hitting, and the commitment of the entire team is questionable at this point. I expect a major shakeup after this season but I have been wrong before, hmmmm come to think of it when was I right
about this team? oh well, we all make great managers and general managers from where we sit, right?

Lottery Update!!! Mega millions, still haven't won. Powerball, still haven't won.

Work update! Still work. See above for the Lottery Updates

To all of my visitors here, the visitors to Keepers Korner website and blog, have a wonderful coming week and may all of your wishes come true.

Happy trails pardners

John Michael

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A link to you site has been added onto a page of my own site, created as a listing of known public survivors blogs. As a survivor I’m trying to reach out and connect with as many other survivors in the blogging community as I can. My hope is that these blogs, yours included, might be helpful to others in the survivor community. If for any reason you would like me to remove the link to your site please let me know. My contact information is listed below. And please, if you know of any survivor blogs that you think might be helpful, or if you own one that isn’t yet listed on this page please let me know and I’ll check it out.

Thank you,
~ Ani Star

PS: Also if you would like me to edit, delete, or add any information regarding your site please let me know. :)


--
My Dissonance
URL: http://withdissonance.net
Email: anistar@withdissonance.net

Anonymous said...

That sucks about not bein able to have the charity organization thingy.. and the web site..


If I ever get my business up and running I think it should be interesting to see about setting up a web site. A friend of mine does them failry cheap i think.. she told me depending on how many pages etc it might cost me 300 dollars. I hope I can do that soon. To sell the paintings but first i have to build up the stock and stop giving them a way ROLF...

Good luck on winning the lottery!!

(just a cute side not.. sweet pea is watching the doodle bops and dancing teee heee)