Saturday, July 29, 2006

Hypocrites

Hypocrites, Keepers and I were talking about them tonite. Seems like we have been running into way too many. One we thought was a best friend, the more we look at it we think he just needed a drinking buddy, and the more he drank the more likely he was to push his idea of Christianity on anyone who was around. Yet we both were wondering why his faith which he proclaimed to be so great was not helping in his obvious drinking problem.

Another was the minister for a Science of Mind church we tried for over a year. Keepers met the minister and immediately liked her and volunteered to help at the church office. Soon they were going there several times a week, doing free art work for the church including banners for conventions, framed art for the altar area up front, sewing for the minister, you name it they were doing it for her. All the while she was living up the model of a minister, being minister like, oozing love and friendliness at church, in the office, etc. Then two things happened, Keepers had their art gallery opening and were on display for 4 months. The minister promised to come to the opening, she didn't. She promised to come view the show in the next 3-4 months, she didn't.
Keepers had been seeing an elderly shutin who had attended this same church as did her daughter, and Keepers asked her if Reverend M ever came to visit her and she said no. Keepers were in shock, did the visiting practitioners ever visit her? No. Keepers fired off an email to this Reverend wanting to know why no one from this ladies church ever visisted her. About this time the elderly lady feel, broke her clavicle and had to go to a hospital. Keepers also visited her there and found out that Reverend M and her husband had visited elderly patient AND brought flowers!! hmmmmmm, any connection? could be.

Well, that quickly died as did our vision of Reverend M. That was the only time she visited said elderly patient and not one of the practitioners visits her yet. Hypocritical, to me "yes!" to you maybe no, that is your opinion and this is mine.

More hypocrites? How about any church authority figure who does nothing to stop an abusive situation they suspect or know of? How about church authority figures who are doing the abusing?? I would call that hyopocritical as well as shameful. Or nuns who abuse children in orphanages and when found guilty have their superiors stand by them and offer no "we are sorry" to those abused? Hypocrites, surely. Despicable? No doubt in my mind. Disgraceful? you bet. etc etc etc as the King of Siam would say.

Well now that I got that off of my chest, maybe tomorrow's blog will be a bit more cheerful, after all I wouldn't want to be depressing to my readers. Just truthful.




4 comments:

Mariaehart said...

Hello My Dear Friend John:)

Thank you for your blog here on Hypocrites yes indeed there are many sadly out there who use us for their own means you have certainly touched a nerve with me here to I have lost count as you maybe have too the number of times that a so called friend etc has let me down badly indeed and again as I am sure you felt too my trust was shattered to smithereens it is a very sad reflection of some people in our society I do think that they treat others like this and I tell myself they must be very sad people themselves to be so mean and cruel to hurt another like they do as it does hurt us so much when we have given out trust and everything over and above to help these people to be treated like this shameful indeed yes I agree 100% and it often made me question what had I done or what was wrong with me but it is was not me or us it was them being so mean imo and I truly think they are very sad people to feel the need to treat others like this for sure:( I am truly sorry you endured this hurtful behaviour also John and it does leave us feeling so devastated and dejected and for me often did think why do I bother trying to have others treat me this way it does again leave me in floods of tears etc once more as I suspect it does for many of us treated like this I also ask myself what gives these people the God damn right to feel they can and do treat others so mean and cruel I would often beat myself up over these things for being so trustworthy and believing they were my friends etc when all they were intent on doing was to use and hurt me and it would make me so angry so sad imo and disgraceful behaviour from other human beings indeed Grrrrrr:(. Yes I also agree with you about church figures abusing and their superiors standing by them 100% their legacy of abuse is certainly imo a huge scandal and certainly one they should all be ashamed of indeed but they are not which is to their many victims of abuse frustrating to say the least and yes not even to apologise is to me cruel and heartless indeed. I want and deserve imo an apology for what they did to me and many others at the orphanages I grew up in a large part of my childhood to me now an adult I deserve at least both a public and personal apology imo for their relentless abuse they did to me. Thanks again my dear friend for this blog and again my heart feels for you all so much that you were let down by such despicable cruel people out there in our society sending you great big HUGS and Lots of Love your way my friend:)
Lots of Love
Your Friend
~Maria~
xxx

April_optimist said...

John,

It's hard to trust when so often we get let down. All harm, I believe, comes out of the other person's shame and self-hate or self-doubt. That doesn't excuse bad behavior. Understanding it can help us reclaim our own sense of self-worth as we realize what they did or didn't do was not because of us or our self-worth!

I'm so sorry you've had these experiences and glad you are finding a voice here.

imo said...

Hello Maria

Number one, both keepers and i love your picture, thank you so very much!!
They also say that your face reflects your heart which is so kind to others.
thank you for your comments, even if on a sore subject for many of us. I always respect your comments on point of view.

Always your friend

john michael

imo said...

Hi April optimist

Thank you for your comments I do appreciate any and all comments on what i blog. the whole idea here is to get some words flowing back and forth so we can all feel supported in our opinion or maybe another opinion is offered to make us see another point of view. communication is so important.
thanks again and I hope to see your name here in the future.

john michael